Cengage Learning Receiving Dock - 1st Shift - 7:00am - 3:30pm in Cincinnati, Ohio
The Recieving position is responsible for performing all duties associated with the systematic and manual processing of international and domestic shipments/recieving from the domestic shipping/recieving department including safe and proper usage of powered industrial trucks (PIT).
Interact with truck drivers for loading of freight and signing Bills of Lading.
Stage cartons as designated by deliveries.
Perform consistent counting of product and pallets utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Must be able to safely work at height of up to 40 feet, continuously lift (including overhead), push, pull, reach and stack full cases (up to 50 lbs) for an 8-10 hour shift while maintaining productivity levels at or above standard.
Must be able to stand/walk for 8-10 hours.
Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
Other duties as assigned.
Types of Powered Industrial Trucks used:
Turret stock picker – must be able to conduct work at heights of up to 40 feet.
Cherry picker/order picker - must be able to conduct work at heights of up to 40 feet.
Runner – Ground level work
Reach truck – Ground level work
RC truck – Ground level work
Pallet jack – Ground level work
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to comprehend simple instructions.
· Ability to consistently push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs continuously during an 8-10 hour shift.
· Ability to write legibly.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide if necessary.
· Maintain appropriate PIT certifications.
· Must be flexible with work hours.
· Basic computer skills.
· Stand and walk for 8-10 hours.
· Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
· Prior PIT experience.
· Prior RF experience.
· Prior distribution experience.
Job Locations US-KY-Independence | US-OH-Cincinnati
Posted Date 1 month ago
Requisition ID 2017-3701
Job Function Warehouse