Cengage Learning Picker/Packer - 1st Shift - 6:00am-2:30pm (Temporary) in Independence, Kentucky
The picker/packer is responsible for safely performing all duties associated with the systematic and manual picking and packing of customer orders.
Determine correct box size to be used to pack orders.
Utilize sight recognition and matching of numeric and alpha listings to ensure accurate orders are shipped to customers.
Constantly reach, lift (including overhead), push and pull up to 10 lbs to pack individual units into boxes.
Use voice directed system “Jennifer” to determine appropriate ISBN that is packed following standards to ensure product is not damaged during shipment.
Enter information into LogPro system.
Consistently reach, lift, push and pull up to 10 lbs to return individual units to appropriate locations.
Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
Will be required to safely lift (including overhead), push, pull and relocate packages up to 50 lbs as required.
Stand/walk for 8-10 hours.
Other duties as assigned.
· At least 16 years of age.
· Ability to consistently push, pull and lift up to 10 lbs throughout an 8-10 hour shift.
· Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs throughout an 8-10 hour shift.
· Skilled in site recognition/matching of numeric and alpha groupings.
· Ability to comprehend simple instructions
· Ability to write legibly
· Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide if necessary
· Must be flexible with work hours
· Basic computer skills
· Stand and walk for 8-10 hours.
· Adherence to all safety practices and policies.
· Prior RF experience.
· Prior distribution experience.
Job Locations US-KY-Independence
Posted Date 2 months ago
Requisition ID 2017-2846
Job Function Warehouse